Recreate dishes straight from the recipe collections of Claude Monet and, while you cook, learn more about his life and works. All ingredients provided.
If you love French cooking and Impressionist painting, you’ll love our series of one-day workshops, with a different artist featured in each session. You’ll explore French Impressionism, and celebrate the good life so joyously cared by the Impressionists, with hands-on cooking workshops led by your tutor who is both a professional chef and an art historian.
Join one workshop or all four over the course of the year – once you’ve done one, you’ll be sure to want to do more! In this workshop, we’ll explore dining at Giverny, with recipes from Claude Monet’s native Normandy cooking journals. We’ll replicate a warm apple tart like one featured in a famous painting by Monet, and learn how to make the yummiest creamiest eggs following Monet’s recipe. It will be served with wild mushrooms sautéed with garlic and parsley: his favourite.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Gather and prepare the appropriate ingredients
• Read and follow the recipes provided with confidence and master basic culinary techniques
• Competently cook and put together ingredients to create a two-course meal
• Have an understanding of the regional differences in French cuisine
• Have a greater appreciation of the lives and works of Claude Monet and other Impressionist painters
All ingredients provided but bring an apron, tea towels and a dish cloth and containers to take any leftovers home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".