Get your creativity flowing by exploring some of the star forms of creative writing, focussing each week on a different area of fiction or creative non-fiction.
How often have you said, ‘I wish I could write’? There are many different kinds of writing. Starting is easy so why not give it a go by joining this creative writing ‘tasting plate’.
Each week we’ll focus on a different area of fiction or creative non-fiction. At the end of the eight week programme, you’ll have tried your hand at writing a short story, a narrative poem, a travel memoir, a personal essay drawing from your life, an interview article, a story for children, a short film script and a piece of historical fiction.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Create works of fiction
• Develop creative non-fiction text
• Explore the natural inner spirit of writing
• Discover your unique writer’s voice
• Reflect on your own experiences in writing
• Investigate different writing strategies
• Discover where your personal writing passions sit and what works for you.
Bring pen and paper or a laptop.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".