Learn new techniques so you can render a greater range of art styles. Suitable for those with a basic knowledge of painting or drawing who want to extend their skills and for more experienced artists who want to try out new techniques.
Explore a wider variety of acrylic painting and drawing techniques, including impasto, illustration and scraperboard, which will enable you to expand your artistic ability.
Bring acrylic paints (if you already have these), HB and 2B pencils, a ruler and soft rubber to the first session - Ian will give you a list of other things to bring for the rest of the course (approx. cost $25). Bring up to $5 (cash) to pay him for watercolour paper and canvas.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Illustrate art work using a pen and wash style
• Apply masking fluid to paint around multiple images
• Add thick impasto medium to paint for a textured surface
• Further develop drawing skills of various topics
• Use basic techniques to draw people or animals
• Use scraperboard to draw a wood block style of art
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
A basic knowledge of drawing or painting.