Discover your creative side as you learn basic hand-building techniques in this daytime course for beginners to pottery. All materials provided. **Held at Wellington Potters' Centre, 130 Grant Road, Thorndon.
Ideal for beginners or those with minimal experience with ceramics, learn how to transform clay into beautiful ceramic objects using a range of hand-building techniques.
All materials included in course fee. NOTE: There will be no session on 9 August due to a scheduling conflict so the Term 3 course will now finish on 27 September.
NOTE: this course does not include work on pottery wheels. For more information about the Wellington Potters' Association, click on this link.
By the end of the course, you’ll:
• Become competent in preparing clay for hand-building purposes
• Be able to demonstrate several hand-building techniques
• Have made a pinch + coil pot, a press-moulded vessel or a drape-moulded vessel
• Have made a decorated, lidded container and three cylindrical vessels
• Have gained an insight into firing and glazing techniques
• Have glazed at least one of the pots you have made
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".