Ever wanted to create your very own Japanese sushi rolls? Find out how to cook rice perfectly, use a sushi mat and decorate a plate of sushi to wow dinner guests or excite the family while keeping them healthy! All ingredients provided.
Learn how to make sushi rolls at home from start through to an attractive display on the plate.
By the end of the session, you’ll know how to cook rice to a perfect consistency, cut vegetables (and the different ingredients that can be used) as well as find out where to place ingredients on a sushi mat and master the skill of rolling them together. You’ll also be taught how to cut your sushi roll into attractive pieces and how to decorate the pieces once on the plate.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Cook rice to the consistency for making sushi rolls
• Cut and prepare vegetables and other ingredients for sushi rolls
• Roll sushi using a sushi mat
• Use cutting techniques to cut sushi rolls into attractive pieces
• Create an attractive sushi roll plate using decoration techniques
• Create your own style sushi rolls through using personal choice of ingredients
All ingredients provided but please bring a dish cloth, tea towel, sharp knife and apron, plus containers to take any leftovers home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".