Increase your art skills and enjoy looking at one of nature’s most beautiful creations at the same time. Bring along your favourite blooms or use those provided and discover the many ways artists have been inspired by their colour and line.
Painting and drawing flowers is a great way to develop a feeling for colour and also improve basic skills of drawing and composition. You can bring your own favourite flowers along or even a photograph and find out how to use camera images more imaginatively as well. From the precision and detail of Rita Angus to the huge abstracted blooms of Georgia O’Keefe, there’s a wealth of inspiration and styles to draw from when creating your own flower piece.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Develop drawing skills in contour, negative space and flow lines
• Increase your perception of colours by reference to the colour wheel and use them to create harmony and/or contrast in the picture
• Choose an individual style to use for your art work, using works by famous artists if needed for inspiration
• Identify some key compositional techniques and apply them in your own art
• Complete at least one finished piece Initial paper and pencils included but feel free to bring along other drawing or painting materials you enjoy using.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".