Join the latest craze and make and take home a beautiful 3D Jelly Cake in a completely hands-on session. All ingredients provided.
A one-session course which will instruct you how to make a 3D Jelly Art Cake with jelly flower decorations. You’ll learn more about Vietnamese jelly art made from jelly powder and agar seaweed powder, which are organic and vegetarian-friendly.
You can practise with the 3D jelly making tools to create the flower decorations and get tips for making your own tools from basic materials found in the kitchen. As well as being beautiful little works of art, 3D jelly art cakes can be an interesting dessert for family and friends and can add to your store of cake-decorating skills.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Tell the difference between the jelly powder, agar powder of Vietnamese Jelly Art in contrast to the gelatine powder used popularly for making jelly
• Apply the recipe for making the jelly cake
• Identify and try the tools for making jelly flowers and make your own tools
• Apply the techniques of cooking clear jelly and milk/jelly syrup
• Demonstrate awareness of safety issues while cooking
• Make a complete 3D jelly cake with simple flower decoration
All ingredients provided but bring a dinner plate or cake box to take your cake home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".