A Chinese Mandarin course which aims to provide essential language skills and business cultural knowledge for the busy professionals.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to communicate in Mandarin to the extent that is necessary to survive in the most basic business activities. It will be ideal for you if you work with Chinese clients or are planning a business trip to China, as you’ll learn some language skills as well as cultural knowledge, customs and traditions for the business environment.
Apart from classroom instruction, online learning support will be provided to maximise the learning results.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Demonstrate a good understanding of Chinese pronunciation system
• Express apologies and thanks, greetings and farewells formally and informally
• Introduce yourself and others formally and informally
• Function in a business banquet situation
• Express needs and wants and ask for help
• Giving and receiving gifts and make purchases and bargain
• Travel alone by taxi, train, and by air
• Describe the customs and traditions behind intercultural greetings in business contexts
• Recognise the Chinese ways to address people in the business environment
• Demonstrate table etiquette in a business banquet
• Know the meaning behind the numbers in Chinese culture
• Describe emergency services in China
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".