Learn the basics of plastering and tiling in this one-day workshop. Most materials provided.
Got holes or cracks that need dealing to or have a tiling project in mind? This short tiling and plastering workshop will introduce you to the materials you need to do these tasks, show you how to prepare the surfaces and how to use the tools correctly.
Working in pairs, and sharing equipment, you’ll learn techniques to achieve good quality plastering and tiling skills and save time and money on your own DIY projects.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Identify the materials necessary for plastering and tiling
• Mix plaster and use plastering tools correctly
• Use tiling tools to tile a piece of board
• Perform repairs to cracks or damaged walls
• Finish tiling and plastering to a reasonable standard
Most materials provided but bring a piece of plywood (about 1 metre square – not MDF), disposable gloves and old rags or cloths.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".