Too much workplace stress is bad for you. Build resilience and skills over four practical sessions which identify both causes and possible solutions.
This course will combine an analysis of the drivers of 21st century stress with methods that activate both brain and body to address them. In the practical component, you'll identify your own preferred solutions. It’s a great course for those who are transitioning into new roles or (re)entering the workforce. It is also for those embroiled in, or closely associated with, workplace restructuring or any situation of high work-place stress.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Identify the historical and evolutionary drivers of workplace stress and detail the sensory connection between stress and the digital age
• Identify the implications of the Fight/Flight Reflex for workplace bullying
• Recognise exercise options that effectively release mental stress as well as muscle tension
• Simplify the complexity of the holistic model of wellbeing into its essential components and identify your own preferred activities for brain and body
• Design your own effective visualisation for stress management, for use as required
• Identify the distinctive features of kinesiology, and use two key exercises to develop resilience Bring pen and paper.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".