Improve your confidence and speaking skills for the IELTS exam. [Level 3+]
[Discounted fee of $65 for NZ citizens and residents - if you're a resident/citizen and the course is full, please contact us!]
Get the skills to achieve the grade you need for the speaking section of the IELTS exam; to succeed in everyday life, and in an academic environment.
The course will help you become more familiar with the format and content of the speaking parts of IELTS; equip you with effective skills and strategies needed to undertake the test with confidence; provide materials for practice in this area of the test and administer mock tests with individual feedback and advice.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Confidently know the timing and format of the speaking test in the IELTS exam
• Have more natural conversations, communicating opinions and information on everyday topics and common experiences by answering a range of questions
• Organise your ideas more coherently and express and justify your opinions more effectively
• Use strategies learnt to ‘buy’ time when you are thinking of what to say
• Use more vocabulary connected with the most common IELTS topics
• Provide information in a formal interview context and give an extended talk on a given topic using appropriate language
Bring pen and paper and a device to record your voice.
NOTE: if the course is full, but you are a NZ citizen or resident, please add your name to the waiting list and also contact us on 04 385 8919 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For ESOL students at levels 3 and above (those who can usually understand native speakers and can make themselves understood in unfamiliar situations). If you are enrolling with us for the first time, please contact the CEC office (04 385 8919) before enrolling so that we can check the level of your English to make sure that you are in the correct class.
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process. A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend all sessions. You must also provide evidence of NZ citizenship or residency, if applicable.