Discover skills and tools that restore natural breathing rhythms directly related to calming the nervous system and help alleviate panic breathing, painful postural habits and self-defeating mental states.
Our first breath was perfect. What happened? Over time the demands, stresses and emotional habits of a lifetime tend to distort the rhythm of the natural breath, diminishing freedom of movement, vitality and clarity of mind.
The Living Breath programme introduces connected breathing and practices that help reduce stress levels by re-patterning lost rhythms of breathing and resilience back into the nervous system. Alexander Technique movement helps take this awareness into pain-free dynamic posture, flexibility and ergonomic awareness when sitting at a computer or desk.
The programme further supports the natural body/mind connection and spontaneity most of us lose after childhood, through deeply restful sessions of meditative relaxation. With practice, these skills can together help create more tranquil and positive mental states, and release the unconscious tension and fatigue of many stress related illnesses.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Utilise and benefit from a thorough scientific knowledge of what stress is, and is not, and how it affects us
• Harness a more subtle relationship between posture, movement and the breath, in stillness and all the activities of life
• Access scientifically researched methods to alleviate sudden, panic breathing and stress-related symptoms reflected in breathing.
• Access a deep and restful degree of breath-focussed meditative relaxation using well-researched methods
• Utilise new body/mind awareness, specifically around bodily movement and the ability to gain more pain-free body use
Wear warm, comfortable clothes and bring a small blanket and cushion and a hardcover book (at least 4cm thick).
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".