Whether you're looking to learn the basics, or wishing to advance the skills you already have - register now for this very popular course (limited to eight students). All ability levels will be catered for in this mixed level group.
If you are a beginner, by the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Read single note melodies in both hands
• Accompany right-hand (RH) melodies with left hand chords
• Clap common rhythms accurately
• Understand the black keys on the piano and read music on a page
• Play a number of hands-together pieces, working towards a performance
If you already know the basics, by the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Sight-read beginner to intermediate music, including basic notated chords and symbols
• Develop hand coordination and dependency
• Identify a variety of written dynamics, articulations and signs
• Understand and identify how key signatures are constructed
• Perform a piece to the group with some confidence
Limited to eight participants - keyboards provided.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".