A fun, hands-on workshop where you’ll find out more about the history and biology of this magical drink and how to brew a fresh batch of kombucha tea, as well as take away a "scoby" so that you can continue brewing at home. Ingredients included.
Originating from the East around 2,000 years ago, kombucha has great health benefits for your heart, brain and especially your gut because of the probiotics it contains, which line your digestive tract and support your immune system.
In the workshop, you’ll develop good brewing practices and understand when things have gone wrong, and how to get back on track with your brew. You’ll learn how to set up your own brewing cycle to continue making kombucha for as long as you want – or put the whole process on hold for a vacation.
You’ll leave with a basic brew and your own scoby (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast) which you can use to carry on brewing kombucha at home.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise healthy brewing kombucha and discuss the history of kombucha, as we know it
- Follow the recipe to make the base tea and explain how to introduce the SCOBY to the tea
- Follow good hygiene practices to ensure a safe brew
- Describe how to store to achieve different results
- Compare the two steps of fermentation and discuss the results of each
- Explain how to restart for future batches
All ingredients provided but bring a large glass or ceramic bowl or jar (NOT metal) to take your scoby home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".