For beginners who have no prior knowledge of French.
By the end of the eight-week course, you'll be able to:
• Greet people and introduce yourself and others at a basic level
• Use expressions for basic everyday communication
• Ask and answer questions about people’s names, nationalities, family, work situation, likes and dislikes (both formal and informal)
• Describe and use the rules of pronunciation (including the alphabet)
• Understand and use some basic French grammar: the verbs avoir and être, the present tense of a few verbs in -er, articles (definite and indefinite), singular/plural and masculine/feminine of nouns and nationality adjectives, possessive adjectives
• Order, offer, accept and refuse food and drink in a café at a basic level
• Become more familiar with the cultural aspects related to these topics
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".