For those who have completed Arabic - Introductory 1 recently or have equivalent knowledge.
The focus of this course is spoken Arabic as used in the Gulf which is very close to Modern Standard Arabic. You will gain confidence for communication and a very basic understanding of the writing system. The balance of spoken Arabic to script is 80-90% spoken, 20-10% script.
By the end of the course, you'll:
- have had an introduction to more aspects of the Arabic script
- be able to ask if things are available, what they are and how much they cost
- be able to do simple bargaining and describing things
- be able to buy soft drinks and snacks
- be able to express wants and preferences, likes and dislikes
- be able to talk about family, occupations and daily routines at an elementary level
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed an Introductory 1 course, or equivalent.