Learn about tools, joints and appropriate timber as you complete simple projects and gain basic skills - for complete beginners only. (No second-hand timber allowed. Some materials provided).
Initial materials charge included in the course fee, with additional materials at your expense. Bring an HB pencil. Please wear clothing and footwear suitable for a workshop environment. NOTE: Second-hand timber may not be machined in any woodwork course. You do not have to have done the "Woodwork - The Basics" workshop to do this course.
By the end of the eight-week course, you'll:
• Be able to describe safety procedures related to the workshop
• Be able to use basic hand tools correctly
• Be able to describe the characteristics and qualities of a range of timbers
• Have constructed a small wooden box and put basic skills into practice
• Be able to use basic small power tools confidently and correctly
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".