Master techniques to sew stretch fabrics with confidence.
Learn the basic techniques to sew stretch fabrics for a more professional finish, including stitch selection, finishes and sewing notions.
Bring $8 for the starter kit. Bring your own machine (with the machine's instruction manual, if you have one) but there are also school machines available if you don't have your own. We recommend an Electrical Compliance Certificate for all privately-owned electrical equipment used on courses at Wellington High School.
A list of other items to bring will be emailed when course numbers are confirmed.
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
• Describe the range of knit fabrics available and the types of garment they are used for
• Demonstrate how to sew the fabrics and what stitches to use
• Cut out and mark fabric and get the right size for a garment
• Describe the different types of hem and neck finishes
• Demonstrate how to use a stretch gauge
• Demonstrate how to use different types of threads, needles, laces and elastics
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Basic sewing skills needed.
Machines provided but if you bring your own, we recommend an Electrical Compliance Certificate for all privately owned electrical equipment used on courses at Wellington High School.