Redesign those under-used or outdoor spaces that just aren't working to create beauty, function and fun.
We'll explore creative, cost-effective and future-proof options to best suit your needs, tastes and the environment. We'll discuss the principles (as outlined in the outcomes below) and apply these to your situation. No previous experience required but bring sketches, plans and Council downloads of drainage and contours, if you have them.
You also need to bring $3 (to pay tutor for graph paper and butter paper) and a pencil, eraser, ruler, coloured pencils, an idea of the size of your space and any property information you may have, plus your dreams and inspiration! Tea and coffee provided, but please bring your lunch.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• List six considerations when analysing a site
• Identify common, collective and particular site problem areas
• Identify solutions to improve site use, workload and function
• Identify creative, cost effective solutions to improve the look
• List and apply fun options to suit a wide range of needs
• Identify five elements that ensure the garden will adapt and last with time
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".