For those who have some WordPress experience who are looking to get more out of their site.
The focus is on using WordPress as a platform for integrating your marketing activities. Ideally you will have completed the Basics course or have sufficient experience with WordPress.
This course is designed to meet the needs of self-hosted sites (ie using the resources from wordpress.org). If your site is hosted on wordpress.com, please contact the office to see if the course is relevant to your needs.
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
• Download, install, and configure the Jetpack plugin and manage Jetpack settings
• Use Jetpack to integrate your WordPress site with key social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
• Use JetPack to create a contact form
• Create and install a child theme
• Customise a standard WordPress installation:
• Extend the use of widgets, sidebars, and footers
• Make simple modifications to CSS and theme pages
• Add simple custom functions
• Understand WordPress as a commerce platform – introduction to e-commerce (including Woocommerce) and integration with MailChimp
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Experience with WordPress and ideally experience or understanding of FTP and web hosting fundamentals. Ideally you will have completed the beginners' course or have similar WordPress experience.
This course is designed to meet the needs of self-hosted sites (i.e. using the resources from wordpress.org). If your site is hosted on wordpress.com, please contact the office to see if the course is relevant to your needs.