Recreate dishes straight from the Parisian picnics depicted in famous French Impressionist paintings. All ingredients provided.
If you love French cooking and Impressionist painting, you’ll love our series of one-day workshops, with a different artist featured in each session. You’ll explore French Impressionism, and celebrate the good life so joyously captured by the Impressionists, with hands-on cooking workshops led by your tutor who is both a professional chef and an art historian.
Listen to Wendy's interview with Radio NZ here.
In this workshop, we’ll look at Parisian Picnics and the famous luncheons ‘en plein air’ and learn how to make delicious foods inspired by the picnics depicted in famous Impressionist paintings. We’ll make a savoury dish: lamb and ratatouille spring rolls and easy but impressive (and tasty!) chocolate rum truffles.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Gather and prepare the appropriate ingredients
• Read and follow the recipes provided with confidence and master basic culinary techniques
• Competently cook and put together ingredients to create a two-course meal
• Have an understanding of the regional differences in French cuisine
• Have a greater appreciation of the lives and works of Impressionist painters
All ingredients provided but bring an apron, tea towels and a dish cloth and containers to take any leftovers home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".