Botanical art goes back centuries and was how plants were recorded long before photography was invented. Bring your favourite bloom or a picture and recreate it in pen and paint. M
A one-day workshop where you’ll complete a botanical artwork, creating a lifelike and life-size drawing and painting of your chosen flower.
Bring along a flower of your choice - spring bulbs or summer flowers are ideal.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Discuss aspects of, and define, botanical art
• Describe appropriate materials
• Measure a specimen to be able to recreate accurate and life-size proportion
• Create an initial sketch and use pen and ink and paints
• Mix colours to correctly copy flowers and leaves to create a life-like painting
Bring an A4 watercolour pad, drawing pencils (HB, 2B and 6B), a set of watercolour pencils or watercolour paints, a kneadable eraser and a 30cm ruler.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".