Break loose from realism and make some art with attitude, develop a bold style and free up with techniques and mediums to suit.
Sometimes in the quest to be accurate and realistic, the freedom and fun of making art can diminish. Expressionist art uses distortion of line and colour to make a more personal statement more quickly. Some examples of art in this style will be used as inspiration to get started.
The course will cover still-life, landscape, portraits and abstraction with plenty of scope to follow your own subject matter as well. Open to all levels of ability.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Identify how distorting and exaggerating colour and line can express emotions and feelings
• Use different drawing media in an expressionist style
• Prepare art work with quick composition drawings
• Improve the ability to complete a painting or drawing quickly
• Increase recognition of expressionist style and how it is used by some famous artists
Initial paper and pencils included but feel free to bring along other drawing or painting materials you enjoy using.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".