IoT or the “Internet of Things” is becoming an increasingly popular topic for conversation, but do you know what it is and how it could impact the way you live and work? This technology-demystifying talk will help you understand what these conversations are all about.
The “Internet of Things”, like other technology trends before, is massively hyped up. Come and understand more about the technology that will potentially enable more than 20 billion devices to be connected by 2020 and see examples of what an IoT device in real life looks like.
The Internet of Things will bring about many opportunities and challenges as more and more devices start to join the IoT network. Knowledge and understanding is power, so the best thing that you can do is educate yourself about what the IoT is all about and the potential impacts that can be seen on how we work and live.
By the end of the talk, you’ll be able to:
• Define what The Internet of Things is
• Identify the different elements present in the IoT framework
• List some of the technologies that are being used
• Discuss the main cybersecurity implications
• Know the role the IoT plays in “Smart Cities” and be able to take part in discussions around the typical applications
• Explain what The Things Network (TTN) is
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".