A one-day workshop practising techniques introduced in the beginners’ workshop and learning more advanced skills such as tooling, carving, fancy lacing and dyeing.
You’ll learn advanced tooling and carving techniques and be able to apply those designs to your projects. We’ll also cover more dyeing and multi-colouring plus advanced lacing and braiding, along with decorative techniques to add that ‘WOW’ factor to your project.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Identify different types of leather
• Combine different colours on the same project
• Apply advanced carving and tooling techniques
• Demonstrate more complex lacing and braiding techniques
• Combine different types of leather together to create a project
• Choose the correct sealant for both practical and aesthetic outcomes
Initial materials included in course fee but please bring extra cash (up to $20) to pay the tutor for any additional requirements. Please wear closed-toed shoes and old clothing.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed the "Leather Craft – Beginners" course.