Learn some mind-blowing ways to re-purpose old clothing or textiles and in doing so, save money and the planet too.
One million tonnes of textiles are condemned every year throughout the world. All this thrown-away clothing has a potential for recycling and reusing. All clothing has a useful second life, so come and join us to create some amazing re-inventions.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Re-invent textiles into projects of your choice i.e. bags, aprons, cushions
• Alter beloved items from your wardrobe that no longer fit
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of garment alteration
• Source materials and trims to make changes to garments
• Redesign textile items for children’s’ wear and for the home
Bring your sewing kit and garments and textiles that can be altered or re-designed into something completely different e.g. a t-shirt into a bag, a man’s shirt into a dress – any item of clothing or textile of your choice.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Basic sewing skills needed – not for absolute beginners.