Love chocolate, but do you know where it comes from and how it’s made? Learn more about its production, history and how to temper perfectly, as well as taste exotic cacao beans and artisan chocolate bars.
Our chocolate expert and trained chocolatier will share her knowledge and experience with you. You’ll find out where it’s grown, how it’s produced to reach supermarket shelves, how our ancestors used chocolate and how to use it in the kitchen.
You’ll discover more about leading chocolate companies in the world, the craft chocolate movement and how to differentiate a low-quality chocolate from a quality one. You’ll also get to taste some exotic cacao beans and quality chocolate bars.
By the end of the talk, you’ll be able to:
• Describe what chocolate is, its history and where it comes from
• Describe how chocolate is made from beans and taste different cacao beans
• Discuss chocolate industries in the world and identify quality chocolate on supermarket shelves
• Taste different types of chocolate and enhance your taste buds
• Temper chocolate and find out more about its uses in the kitchen Everything provided but bring a bottle of water.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".