Discover the huge number of vegetarian Italian meals that you can successfully prepare at home using local and seasonal veges, with a touch of Italian flair!
Italian food is not just pasta and pizza – there’s is a lot more to satisfy your taste buds and vegetables are actually a main in the famous Mediterranean diet. Each night we’ll focus on a different vegetable and discover the endless possibilities to prepare it, passing through first and second meals, appetisers, raw and cooked ... veges, here we come!
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Follow an Italian recipe from start to finish
- Use potatoes for dishes such as gnocchi, gratin, roast
- Use seasonal greens for crespelle, green beans and cicoria
- Use legumes for pasta and fagioli, ciceri and ttria plus make your own fresh pasta
- Use mushrooms, capsicums, zucchine and/or eggplants for vege stock, risotto and polenta
All ingredients included in course fee but please note that dishes will not be meal-sized. Please bring an apron, dishcloth, and a couple of tea towels plus containers to take food home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".