Got an interesting ‘real life’ story you’d like to write - autobiography, memoir or personal blog - but not sure how to start? Explore writing styles and techniques and develop narratives to incorporate memories and real events.
Have you got an interesting ‘real life’ story you’d like to write well, but aren’t sure about how to get started? Or have you already started writing an autobiography, memoir or personal blog, but need help to make your ‘voice’ or story more engaging?
Suitable for writers of all levels of ability, we’ll explore autobiographical writing styles and techniques. While doing a variety of writing exercises and sharing our writing within the group, together we’ll develop narratives which incorporate memories and real events.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Participate in group discussions about autobiography/memoir/blog examples
• Produce and develop at least one piece of autobiographical creative writing
• Experiment with new styles of writing and narrative ‘voice’
• Give feedback about creative writing in a supportive way
• Develop a plotline and structure
Bring a pen and paper/notebook.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".