In this intensive and energetic session, we’ll look at how you can edit your creative writing, with tips tricks and tools which will help you make the words really hum. Bring a sample of your own creative writing to work on.
So you’ve finished a piece of creative writing – well done! But have you heard the phrase: ‘all writing is re-writing’? We’ll do exercises on weasel words, cause and effect, and explore four narrative modes so you can make your writing vibrant and engaging to read.
Whether you’ve just started creative writing or are already published, the only requirement is that you bring a sample of creative writing that you’d like to edit/revise.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
• Make informed decisions about tenses, point of view, and character’s voice
• Apply ‘cause and effect’ within your own writing to smooth out the plot
• Identify which ‘weasel’ words clog up your narrative
• Use scenes, summary and time gaps
• Identify the functions of the four ‘narrative modes’ so you can vary the pace within your writing
Bring a pen and paper/notebook and a piece of your writing to work on.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".