A short intro to the history and development of how Blues music evolved from the early days to the present. Listen to original (and rare) blues artists and musicians, discuss different aspects of the music and be delighted.
This three session course will take you through the ways and styles in which Blues music has developed from the early days up to modern times. We’ll play the CDs and discuss a variety of rare and interesting songs, from a wide range of artists (including Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, Memphis Minnie, John Mayall and many more) with each session having a section listening to a particular style e.g. piano blues, women singers and harmonica blues.
You’ll receive playlists, and brief musician bios, and there’ll be a list of websites to visit for more in-depth info and where to access blues music on line etc.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how Blues music developed from the early days to the present
- Recall listening to original (and rare) blues artists and musicians on CD
- Discuss different aspects of blues music and hear about different blues musicians and styles
- Access more info and music on line
- Meet other blues enthusiasts
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".