An interactive and participatory session to assist parents and loved ones understand and support a family member or friend who has dyslexia or a similar learning difference.
In this workshop, we'll cover what dyslexia and other learning differences are and look at the tell-tale signs. The most exciting part is the third area, where we'll discuss exciting and positive features of dyslexia. In the final section, we'll provide some practical tips and good practices to support a dyslexic person to achieve to their potential.
By the end of the session, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the main features of dyslexia and other learning differences
- List the causes of learning differences
- Recognise the tell-tale signs
- Discuss the positive features of dyslexia and recognise the ones that are demonstrated by your own loved ones
- Select the best practices that can be used to empower your own family members with learning differences
Bring pen and paper.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".