For those who have completed Te Reo Māori - Introductory 1 recently or have equivalent knowledge. [Please see the Te Reo Māori - Introductory 1 course description for an indication of what is covered. Discounted fee of $85 for NZ citizens and residents - evidence of eligibility required].
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Discuss our responsibilities as a bi-cultural nation under ‘Te Tiriti o Waitangi’ and identify underlying Māori values such as: whanaungatanga, pepehā and tikanga
• Discuss the significance of whakapapa as a fundamental Māori world view and confidently describe your family and relationships through this lens
• Form simple sentences to describe parts of your face and body
• Discuss protocol on the marae
• Recognise the importance and use of karakia and be able to recite one correctly
• Recognise the cultural values inherent within different whakataukī (proverbs) and kīwaha (idioms) and be able to correctly recite one of each
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed an Introductory 1 course, or equivalent. NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN) or, if you don't have one, email a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency to firstname.lastname@example.org.