Gain new skills for home and work in this hands-on course covering the basic requirements in setting up accounts.
A practical course covering the basic requirements in setting up business accounts. Bring pen and paper and a basic calculator.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the accounting equation and understand the concept of debits and credits
- Demonstrate the difference between cash accounting and accrual accounting
- Process basic financial transactions following the rules of accounting
- Prepare the basic set of financial statements
- Calculate the amount of GST payable and/or receivable at the end of each tax period
- Maintain a strong relationship with your accountant
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".