Discover the delights of working with bone as you learn techniques to carve both traditional and modern pieces - no experience required. Limited to eight participants.
Learn techniques that will enable you to carve bone into both traditional and modern pieces - no previous experience required.
By the end of the course, you'll:
• Be able to prepare beef cannon bone
• Have generated and recorded traditional and contemporary designs
• Have explored bone carving techniques and practices
• Have gathered an equipment resource for bone carving
• Be able to process paua inlays, toggles, plaiting and lashing
• Have completed and presented a sanded, polished carving
Limited to eight participants.
Initial materials provided but additional materials may cost up to $40. Please wear clothing and footwear suitable for a workshop environment and bring a dust mask.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".