For those who have completed NZ Sign Language - Introductory 1B or have equivalent knowledge.
[Discounted fee of $75 for NZ citizens and residents - evidence of eligibilty required].
For those who have done Introductory 1B or equivalent.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Start and close conversations with known and unknown people
• Give compliments and congratulations
• Ask and tell about general wellbeing, health and everyday life, weather
• Communicate about essential services and locations in the community
• Describe occupations, tasks and transport in relation to work and community activities
• Negotiate appointments and bookings
• Discuss prices on use of services and purchases, and ways of payment
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed an Introductory 1B course, or equivalent. NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN) or, if you don't have one, email a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency to firstname.lastname@example.org.