For those who have completed NZ Sign Language - Introductory 1C or have equivalent knowledge.
[Discounted fee of $75 for NZ citizens and residents - proof required].
For those who have done Introductory 1C or equivalent.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Invite others, accept and decline invitations to your home
- Give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- Describe identifying features of your home and identify rooms
- Understand and give simple directions to your home and name essential household items
- Communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
- Talk about destinations and modes of travel
- Describe and discuss plans
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed an Introductory 1C course, or equivalent. NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions. The first time you enrol, you'll need to provide your National Student Number (NSN) or, if you don't have one, email a copy of your passport or birth certificate as proof of your NZ citizenship or residency to firstname.lastname@example.org.