Keen to make your own mozzarella and mascarpone? This half-day workshop will show you how to make them from scratch (using vegetarian rennet). All ingredients provided.
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
• Make mozzarella and mascarpone at home
• Use equipment from your own kitchen and/or know where to source it from
• Describe different types of milk (raw vs store-bought)
• Describe differences between pasteurisation and homogenisation
• Practise good hygiene and sanitation when making cheese at home
All ingredients are provided as are recipes and detailed handouts to take away with you. Bring an apron, a dishcloth, 3 or 4 tea towels, a pen to take notes and a 2 litre container and plastic re-sealable food bags to take your cheese home.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".