Learn about tools, joints and appropriate timber as you complete a simple project in a one-day workshop. For complete beginners to woodwork.
All materials included in the course fee. Bring an HB pencil and wear clothing and footwear suitable for a workshop environment.
[Please note that completion of this course is a requirement for enrolment into the Woodwork - Next Step course].
Tea and coffee provided, but please bring your lunch and snacks.
By the end of the workshop, you'll:
• Be able to describe safety procedures related to the workshop
• Be able to use basic hand tools correctly
• Be able to describe the characteristics and qualities of a range of timbers
• Have constructed a small wooden box and put basic skills into practice
• Be able to use basic small power tools confidently and correctly
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".