Suitable for writers of all levels of ability and ambition, whether writing flash fiction, short stories or novels. We’ll look at myths, creation stories and fairy tales and examine how to use the archetypal characters and magical elements from within them to create intriguing fictional worlds. What would you do if you met Cinderella begging for kindling outside a supermarket? What would an ocean god want to say to surfers and fishers? What if you could invent a whole fictional world that was run by talking mice?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Participate in group discussions about story examples
• Produce and develop at least one piece of creative writing
• Generate imaginative ideas for new writing
• Give feedback about creative writing in a supportive way
• Develop archetypal characters
• Construct plots or themes which incorporate magical elements
Bring a pen and paper/notebook.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".