Simply put, smartphones can create beautiful photos. Come along to this one-day beginner/intermediate workshop and be inspired by a fun mix of theory and hands-on practice.
You will polish your picture-making and composition skills, get some tips on technology and useful accessories, check out a few awesome apps, and figure out how to effectively file your photos!
What to bring: You’ll need your smartphone and/or tablet, the charger and/or power bank, a pen (course handout & blank pages for notes are supplied), a Wellington-style windbreaker for when we go outside, some data on your phone plan and spare storage space on your smartphone.
Tea and coffee provided for your breaks, but please bring lunch and snacks.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise apps that help you take fantastic photos on your phone.
- Explain relationship between aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
- Confidently select manual settings for shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance.
- Develop workflow process for image capture, transformation and output.
- Explain colour temperature and white balance settings.
- Be able to take fantastic photos and edit them with your phone
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
You need a modern smartphone with a camera.