Meet the demand for excellence in the job market head on. Learn how to utilise the STAR technique in the way that employers use it. That is, to define and seek out the skills and qualities high level performers have exhibited in specific jobs. Master the STAR skills and feel confident in your next job interview
You’ll be better prepared to meet the demands of your interview. Learn the STAR method as an approach to responding to behavioural based questions. Understand how to use concrete examples from your life as proof that you possess the experience and skills for the job you are applying for. You’ll develop the key interview skill of being able to share your accomplishments through real-life examples.
In this course, you are taught how to identify specific example situations. You’ll talk about the tasks involved and describe how you completed the key task and met its challenges. We’ll review the results generated by the action taken and what you learned from the experience. We’ll also consider the context of jobs you are interviewing for and how to choose examples that best show the desired skills interviewers are seeking.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the different components of the STAR acronym and apply them to the job interview context.
- Identify what behavioural based questions are and why employers use them.
- Approach behavioural based interview questions by applying the STAR technique.
- Develop skills in using real life examples to show transferable skills in the workplace.
- Develop a higher level of confidence in approaching job interviews.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".