In this course you’ll take an underwear design from pattern to a final product.
You will learn about different stretch fabrics and elastics, their properties and how to handle them and discover the best practice for sewing these items. You’ll be introduced to specialised stretch machinery alongside the use of a domestic sewing machine.
You will be able to keep the underwear pattern for you to use and adapt in your future – empowering you to become a lingerie-making machine!
Most materials included in course fee, but please bring your sewing kit (fabric scissors and paper scissors, pins, measuring tape, black and white sewing thread, etc), as well as pen and paper to take notes, and a pencil, ruler, eraser and set square for drafting your pattern. If you have a French Curve or Pattern Master please bring those along as well. You will also need a Bernina bobbin - this can be purchased from the CEC office on the day for $5.
This course is aimed at those who can operate a sewing machine and have basic sewing skills.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- draft an underwear pattern to your own measurements
- have greater confidence in sewing stretch fabrics
- be able to operate an overlocker
- know the correct way to cut stretch fabrics|
- produce a pair of underwear
- evaluate which stitch type is applicable for sewing stretch
- learn about the different types of elastic for Lingerie, when they are used and why.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For people with intermediate sewing skills.