This poetry writing workshop is a practical course in which you’ll learn some writing skills to enable you to write evocative poems. You’ll generate many first drafts in the workshop sessions which you can develop over time.
Suitable for beginners and experienced writers - we’ll experiment with imagery, language, style and content of our draft poems as we write together in a supportive environment.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- draft new poems for further development
- make creative decisions about the experience being described in each poem
- use figurative language (metaphor and simile) with precision
- participate in group discussions about poem drafts in a supportive and useful way
- write poetry which incorporates concrete details and imagery
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".