Develop your ability to give presentations at work, get your message across to a NZ audience in a memorable way and learn more about the language, psychology and communication of a NZ workplace. Some out-of-class work required.
By the end of the course, you will:
• Have identified your areas of weakness in giving presentations and contributing to meetings
• Be able to present yourself more clearly and have gained confidence in giving presentations
• Have learned how to plan and practise presentations
• Have improved your ability to give constructive criticism and praise to peers
• Be able to participate in meetings more appropriately in the workplace, using language and strategies for interrupting and disagreeing politely
NOTE: if the course is full, but you are a NZ citizen or resident, please add your name to the waiting list and also contact us on 04 385 8919 or email@example.com
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For ESOL students at level 4 (Upper Intermediate/Advanced). If you are enrolling with us for the first time, please contact the CEC office (04 385 8919) before enrolling so that we can check the level of your English to make sure that you are in the correct class.
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process. A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend all sessions. You must also provide evidence of NZ citizenship or residency, if applicable.