Continue to develop your speaking and listening skills in te reo.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
• Practise and discuss the Māori values of whanaungatanga, mana reo and tīkanga in our home and work environments
• Confidently describe everyday routines and have a simple conversation about what we enjoy doing like our hobbies and interests
• Describe in detail where objects or people are situated in the classroom, the home, and the workplace
• Use relevant vocabulary to confidently purchase an item and discuss prices and ways of payment at the supermarket or at a cafe
• Explore the uses of the tenses: i, ka, kei, kua and e...ana through a script or drama performance
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
For those who have completed a Te Reo Māori - Introductory 3 course, or equivalent.
NOTE: This course is subsidised with funding from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and for statistical purposes, some additional information is required as part of the enrolment process.
A condition of enrolment on this course is that you will attend at least 80% of the sessions.