A one-day workshop where you'll discover how to carve limestone and finish at least one carving in fabulous Oamaru stone. Please bring your own dust mask, safety glasses, lunch and wear old clothing and closed-in shoes. A charge for tools ($5) and stone ($2 per kilo) is payable to the tutor (please bring cash).
NOTE: This course is held outside so please dress according to the weather - lots of layers in winter and don't forget to bring sunscreen and sunhat in summer, and plenty of water!
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
• Cut limestone on a desired line
• Visualise and work more confidently with a three-dimensional art piece
• Use necessary tools such as rifflers, vee chisels and wood rasps
• Aris edges and drill pin holes to secure work
• Seal finished work to protect it from the elements
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".