Always wanted to make your own feta? Find out how and take home your own round, plus get a demo on making mozzarella. All ingredients provided.
In four and half hours, you’ll be guided through the steps to make feta from scratch and will take home your own round of feta to brine and then eat the next day! There'll also be a mozzarella demonstration where you'll be able to stretch a small piece of your own curd at the end.
All ingredients provided (vegetarian rennet is used).
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
• Make feta and mozzarella at home
• Use equipment from your own kitchen and/or know where to source it from
• Describe different types of milk (raw vs store-bought)
• Describe differences between pasteurisation and homogenisation
• Practise good hygiene and sanitation when making cheese at home
All ingredients are provided, as are recipes and detailed handouts to take away with you. Bring an apron, dishcloth, 3 or 4 tea towels, a pen to take notes and a 2 litre container and plastic sealable food bags to take your cheese home. There'll be a short break for lunch.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".