Based on modern psychology and ancient philosophy, mindfulness meditation is for anyone who'd like to have some fresh insights into what makes up our quality of life.
Being mindful can help make us more resilient to life’s challenges and give us more tools for dealing with strong emotions and stress or just enlivening the daily grind. If you’d like a hand with learning to relax or would like to get fresh insights into why we behave as we do, this course will help. It’s totally secular, practical and takes us all just as we are.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Describe some elements of Buddhism through a secular lens
• Describe practical tips to make your meditation time successful
• Practise guided and silent meditation and the importance of ‘noticing how things are’
• Find resources to support you in a long-term, and even life-long, approach to mindfulness
• Describe three elements of the mindfulness revolution in psychology and mental health
Each session includes practical meditation exercises and opportunities for discussion. Bring a notepad and pen.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".