Keen to keep hens at home but not sure where to begin? Find out all the details from someone who knows the ins and outs.
Our experienced urban life-style block owner will give you a comprehensive introduction on how to set up your own hen-house and care for your livestock.
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
• Describe the benefits of keeping poultry
• Recognise what sort of hen is best suited to your purposes
• Source suitable livestock
• Describe how to care for your hens (shelter, food and health)
• Describe how to encourage your hens to hatch chickens
• Improve your environment and garden
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".